LatchAssist® Nipple Everter
The Lansinoh® LatchAssist® Nipple Everter is an invaluable tool for moms with inverted nipples, as well as moms who are experiencing flat nipples due to engorgement, making it difficult for baby to latch on. Using LatchAssist®, mom can gently draw out flat or inverted nipples, making it easier for baby to latch and feed.Additional Information
The Lansinoh Difference
Each LatchAssist® Nipple Everter comes with two flange sizes, ensuring a comfortable fit for every mom. Gently squeeze the bulb, creating minimal suction that will gently draw out the nipple just enough for baby to latch on.
Engorgement is caused by a supply of breastmilk that has not been released. While some may suggest using a pump to evert your nipple, don’t do this! It can cause your body to make more milk and worsen engorgement.
Additional Product Information
- Helps baby latch on to ease engorgement naturally
- Draws out flat nipples
- Easy to use and clean
- Two flange sizes to ensure proper fit
- Contains one LatchAssist™ Nipple Everter bulb
- Contains two flanges (19mm and 24mm)
- Unit Dimension: L 2.13 x W 1.75 x H 4.88
- Product of Malaysia
- BPA and BPS free
What does the “BPA and BPS Free” Icon on your packaging mean?
The chemical bisphenol-A (BPA) is widely known to be a hormone disrupter. Acting like an estrogen imposter, BPA has been linked to cancer, type 2 diabetes, depression, heart disease and a number of other ailments. BPA can be especially dangerous in pregnancy, infancy and childhood – so much so that many governments around the world have banned BPA in the production of baby bottles (as well as other products).
The chemical bisphenol-S (BPS) is used as a plasticizer by some manufacturers and, in many cases, has been used to replace BPA. BPS is also a hormone disrupter, but is currently allowed for the production of baby bottles and similar products.
Because safety is a top priority for Lansinoh, we have taken proactive measures to ensure our Lansinoh® mOmma® bottles with NaturalWave® Nipples are BPA and BPS free.
Additionally, all our products that may come in contact with breastmilk are BPA and BPS free, as well as our mOmma® toddler line. This includes:
- Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin
- Lansinoh® Clean & Condition Baby wipes
- Lansinoh® Signature ProTM Double Electric Breast Pump
- Lansinoh® Manual Breast Pump
- Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bags
- Lansinoh® Breastmilk Storage Bottles and Lids
- Lansinoh® Disposable Nursing Pads and Ultra-Soft Disposable Nursing Pads
- Lansinoh® LatchAssist® Nipple Everter
- Lansinoh® Nipple Shield
- Lansinoh® Simple Wishes® Hands-Free Pumping Bra
- Lansinoh® Soothies® Gel Pads
- TheraoPearl® 3-in-1 Breast Therapy Packs
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Bottle with NaturalWave® Nipple
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Spill-Proof Cup
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Straw Cup
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Warming Plate
- Lansinoh® mOmma® Developmental Meal Set
Lansinoh is committed to providing breastfeeding solutions so every mom can breastfeed for as long as she chooses. Moms who use Lansinoh should feel comfortable knowing they’re using safe and effective products, whatever their breastfeeding needs may be.
Is Lansinoh® LatchAssist® Nipple Everter BPA and BPS Free?
Yes! Because safety is a top priority for Lansinoh, we have taken proactive measures to ensure Lansinoh® LatchAssist® Nipple Everter is both BPA and BPS Free.
How do you use this product?
- Choose one of the two sizes (included) in the package depending on her nipple size.
- Gently squeeze bulb and place the shield over and around her nipple.
- Lightly press the shield down against her skin to ensure an airtight seal.
- Slowly release the bulb for the desired pressure.
- Position the baby for breastfeeding so as soon as her nipple is extended, the baby can latch onto the breast.
- Repeat gently until her nipple is extended and her baby can easily latch on to her breast.
- After use wash again, rinse and air dry.
- Discard any milk that has collected in the bulb.
Does the LatchAssist™ Nipple Everter come in multiple sizes?
The LatchAssist™ Nipple Everter comes in two sizes—19mm and 24mm—to accommodate moms with different sized nipples. The nipple should comfortably fit inside the flange tunnel without rubbing. If it rubs or if the entire nipple cannot fit into the tunnel, mom should use the larger size that is included.
Why is this a good alternative to a syringe or a pump for flattened nipples?
Current recommendations and practices include using a manual or electric breast pump to draw out inverted or flattened nipples. Some lactation consultants recommend using a cut-off syringe to evert the nipple. While those methods can sometimes help the situation, they can be cumbersome and time-consuming.
The recommendation to use a breast pump in this situation may not be the best option for a mom who needs a solution for her temporarily flat nipples, but may not need or want to pump. Pumping can signal to your body to make more milk and can cause even more swelling and engorgement. You want to evert (pull out) your nipple so the baby can latch on and feed directly from the breast. This will ease the swelling and engorgement and signal to your body how much milk to produce based on the baby’s needs.
Why do moms get engorged?
About the third day postpartum a mom’s breasts may swell (engorgement); the good news is that it’s a temporary condition. Nursing frequently during this period is the best way to alleviate engorgement, but it can be difficult because your baby might have trouble properly latching onto an engorged breast. LatchAssist™ can help pull out the nipple to help baby latch on the breast.
When would a mom use the LatchAssist™ Nipple Everter?
LatchAssist™ is a device mom can use to help her baby latch on to breastfeed when her nipple is flattened due to swelling or engorgement. The skin can stretch so much that her nipples, which may normally be everted or protruding, flatten making it difficult for baby to latch.