The breast pump parts are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend using the following instructions for cleaning and sterilizing to get the best results and to extend the longevity of use.
1. Disassemble the breastmilk expression set, setting aside the tubing and connectors.
2. Rinse all parts with cold water immediately after each use.
3. Hand wash all parts of the breastmilk expression set using warm soapy water. A nipple brush may be used to scrub the hard plastic pieces of the breastmilk expression set, but should not be used on the soft silicone valve or diaphragm.
4. Rinse parts with clean, warm water.
5. Place parts in a pot and cover with water making sure there is room for all of the parts to float freely in the pot.
6. Bring the water to a boil and allow the parts to boil for 5 minutes.
7. After boiling remove the parts from the pot with tongs and place on a clean towel to dry, covering the parts with a second clean towel.
8. Allow the parts to dry completely before assembly and use. Partially dried parts may affect the operation of the pump.
9. Once parts are dry the can be stored in a clean plastic bin with a lid or in a clean plastic zipper bag